On April 1st the impact of COVID 19 hit home. All my plays, classes and theater; placed on hold, my husband’s employment; terminated, my daughter; furloughed, my youngest; quarantined in Mexico. We could not see family and friends and there were so many conspiracy theories floating around it made my head spin.
And through it all I made a few discoveries about myself:
- I have anxiety over the small unknowns.
- I have peace over the big unknowns.
- When I am overwhelmed I lose myself in distractions.
- I am a rule follower but when the rules are not clear I am a mess!
- I question my ALL decisions ALL the time!
- Having more free time does not mean I will accomplish more.
- I spend hours IMAGINING myself writing .
- I REALLY like my man and my adult children.
- I do not need to be “great”
- I can make a difference on a small scale.
But more importantly than the things I discovered about myself were the things I rediscovered:
- Slowing Down leaves room for quality time
- Reading is for my soul.
- Girlfriends that want to learn, ponder and apply fill my soul.
- Learning, pondering, and applying creates an “overflow” from my soul.
- Giving out of the “overflow” brings peace and blessings.
- My written word matters.
- There is room for me, for my thoughts, for my ideas, for my talents.
During this time of discovering and rediscovering I returned to the assurance that I am covered!
“He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4
Each morning when I rise I will take cover….each evening when I lie … I will take cover…. and when I take cover my soul shall be at peace.